Sunday, December 21, 2008

Being the Token Black Guy = Black girl with the Super Weave Grabbing You!


I can truly say that I have a diverse group of friends, and sometimes when we all go out, I end up being the token black guy of the group. It doesn't bother me at all, and I don't mind. I enjoy going out to the bars/lounges/clubs and having a good time. Sometimes I like to have a couple of drinks and just kick back. How come being the token black guy of the group results with the random black girl with the super weave grabbing me?!?!?!? Are there arrows pointing at me, signs around me, or what? Is it rude that I deny them? Shoot them down as if they were my target practice. Maybe I should be thankful that someone with a super weave wants to dance with me. Maybe it is my obligation as the token black guy at times. If I wore baggy clothes would the outcome be different? It could be time for the Mr. Bess experiment!

No comments: