Thursday, March 26, 2009

Artist Feature: DJ A_RON


Welcome to another day of my Blog, and welcome to the first Up and coming artist on the rise interview. A few blogs ago I mentioned to everyone that i was going to start featuring up & coming artist on the rise on my blogspot page. I have reached out to some people and now I have interviews lined up that you all will be able to read and watch on my page. The very person I got to interview is a long time friend of my mine. This guy got be me into my first Bar and Club before I was even of age. He goes by the name of DJ A_ROn and he is a up and coming DJ on the rise from California. He must be doing something right if he Ryan Leslie giving him a shout out on the video below! Check out the interview, click on the links below, and show him some love. If you would like to be featured on my page be sure to get in contact with me.


Mr. Bess: Most people don’t you as well as I do, so give the readers a little background on you.

DJ A_Ron: Well my name is Aaron, but most people know me as A_RON. I've been spinnin’ on the 1’s and 2’s since 97. The last 5 years I’ve been heavy in the club scene in Orange County/Los Angeles area. I also play the drums, and have been for about 17 years. I'm Filipino and I love food! Haha.

Mr. Bess: What inspired you to become a DJ?

DJ A_Ron: The music was and is my main inspiration to become a DJ. The more and more I got into it and started doing clubs, just being able to move the crowd and make massive amounts of people dance to the music you play was a dope feeling.

Mr. Bess: As an up and coming DJ, What keeps you motivated to keep on doing what you are doing?

DJ A_Ron: What motivates me to continue doing what I do is the constant support I get from my friends, family, my industry peers, and even the people at the clubs I play at. Being a DJ isn't as easy as most people think, but having the support from your family and friends helps. It's also an awesome feeling when you just finished rocking a club and the people come up to you at the booth and tell you that you've made their night that much more enjoyable.

Mr. Bess: As a DJ, who amongst your peers do you look up to?

DJ A_Ron: One person I really look up to and admire as a DJ, is DJ Vice. Not only is he an awesome DJ, he's just as humble as he is talented. He is definitely one person who has changed the face of DJ’n forever. He plays at clubs from Hollywood, to Las Vegas, to New York, and Miami and is co-owner of one of the newest street wear and custom shoe boutiques in Santa Barbara called CRSVR (pronounced Crossover). He's been named the number one club DJ in the nation, with an already booked schedule though the rest of the year. Vice definitely hustles, and I only hope to be half as successful as he is.

Mr. Bess: What do you feel are the biggest challenges for an up and coming DJ?

DJ A_Ron: One of the biggest challenges in being an up and coming DJ is getting your name out there. A lot of beginner DJ’s think they can buy the equipment and DJ at a club over night. It doesn't work that way. You have to really go out there and network to get your name out there, eventually the gigs will follow.

Mr. Bess: How do you feel about the current state of Hip Hop?

DJ A_RON: Hip-Hop today is very much different from when I first started DJ’n. You have artists like Soulja Boy and songs like "Stanky Leg" that are really popular today as opposed to hip hop back in the early 90s. Hip hop is always changing and evolving to the times, and I am very interested to see where hip hop will go in the future.

Mr. Bess: Many people do not know you have produced a couple songs for some up and coming artists. What kind of future do you see yourself having as a producer?

DJ A_Ron: Yeah, I've produced a couple songs for some up and coming artists, the most recent was "Vodka Tonic" for Jennifer Fabian (www.myspace.com./JenniferFabian). It really started off as just a "for fun" project that we did, and it ended up getting a lot of love and support in the clubs. I always wanted to produce music for artists since I started DJ’n and playing drums. Some of today's hottest producers started off as DJ’s, for example Dr. Dre and Just Blaze. I've always enjoyed being a part of the creative process when it comes to music and I hope to do more productions in the future. DJ’s have their ears to what’s hot in the streets, radio, and in the clubs, so that's what makes them great producers.

Mr. Bess: Currently you are part of an online radio broadcast called the Tuesday Night News on http://www.offtherecordmixshow.com/. How have you benefited from the Radio show?

DJ A_Ron: Being a part of Off the Record Mix Show has been great! Just being able to play music via online radio, to anybody tuning in worldwide is awesome! It’s different then just playing at a club. I've been able to meet some great people thru the radio show, from fellow DJ’s, artists, and being able to interview them and promote them on my radio show. I've even made some great friends with some DJ’s and artists that I probably wouldn't be able to meet in a regular setting, if it wasn't for the radio show.

Mr. Bess: Out of all the venues you have spun at, which one made you feel like you have reached that super star status?

DJ A_Ron: Hahaha, I wish I was at a "Super star status" level of DJ’n! One venue that I recently played at, that made me feel like I've "made it" was LAX in Hollywood. That place is such a historical spot that some of the best in the business have played at. It's also co-owned by DJ AM too. When I walked into the DJ booth the first time, that night, there was a poster on the inside of the booth of him. I felt like I was at DJ AM's house, playing on his turntables, so I had to make sure I did better than usual job that night.

Mr. Bess: Also out of all the venues you have spun at, which spot has the hottest females?

DJ A_Ron: Hahaha! Oh man, this is a hard one! (Pause) No pun intended, haha! There isn't just one venue that has more hotter females than the other, but a few venues that have some dope eye candy(s) are LAX (Hollywood), The Highlands (Hollywood), and the waitresses at Mai Tai Bar in Long Beach are definitely dime pieces!

Mr. Bess: What is the hottest song in the clubs right now?

DJ A_Ron: Ron Browz is definitely killing it in the clubs right now with "Pop Champagne" and even with "Arab Money" and "Jumping out the Window"!

Mr. Bess: If you could go on tour with any artist right now who would you go with and why?

DJ A_Ron: If I could go on tour with an artist, it would probably have to be Ryan Leslie. I've been following his youtube videos since day one, when he first produced "Me and You" for Cassie and instantly became a fan. He's a dope producer and artist, and to be his tour DJ would be a dream come true!

Mr. Bess: You failed to mention that Ryan Leslie did a drop for you as well!

Mr. Bess: Who is the best player in the NBA right now?

DJ A_Ron: My dude Kobe Bryant! Hands down!

Mr. Bess: Who is going to win the NBA finals?

DJ A_Ron: The Lakers! Letssss Gooo!

Mr. Bess: Do you envy Tony Parker because he is married to Eva Longoria?

DJ A_Ron: More than you'll ever know!

Mr. Bess: What are 3 things you cannot go without everyday?

DJ A_Ron: My Blackberry, My Laptop, and TWITTER! Haha follow me at www.Twitter.com/DJA_RON!

Mr. Bess: Filipino’s have some amazing foods. What dish would you recommend to someone who has never tried Filipino food?

DJ A_Ron: Chicken Adobo! That's the usual dish that everyone tries first, but my personal fave is Sinigang with the spareribs! Just the way my mama makes it!

Mr. Bess: I can’t deny it…..Chicken Adobo hits the spot every time!

Mr. Bess: No one has been able to answer this question, but do you know what juicy fruit gum taste like?

DJ A_Ron: It tastes fruity to me! Whatever that is?!?!?!

Mr. Bess: Being that you are single, what 5 qualities do you look for in a female?

DJ A_Ron: 5 qualities that I look for in a female are:
1) Style (Gotta know how to dress!)
2) Family Oriented
3) Undertanding (Of my lifestyle, and the work I do)
4) Gotta be able to dance!
5) Gotta have ass!

Mr. Bess: You heard it first ladies! If you have those 5 qualities and more get at DJ A_Ron!

Mr. Bess: If you could ask President Obama to change one thing, what would it be?

DJ A_Ron: I really don't know! I think he's doing a great job so far. Maybe if he could kick down us DJ’s with more money, or just me!

Mr. Bess: What advice do you have for any up and coming DJ’s?

DJ A_Ron: My advice would be to keep practicing and keep grinding. The only way you're going to get better as a DJ is to keep practicing. Go out and network, meet promoters and other DJ’s. Don't get discouraged when you first start out, Rome wasn't built in a day, and you can't rush greatness. Be patient and don't let anyone knock your hustle!











IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT DJ A_RON CHECK OUT THESE SITES


http://www.dj-aron.com/


http://twitter.com/DJA_RON


http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1142804252


http://www.myspace.com/DJXARON


http://www.youtube.com/DJXARON

No comments: