Friday, August 21, 2009

THE SHOP

We live in a world that has been polluted by chorus driven Hip Hop with no substance. Smog composed of ringtone rap, swagger, & trends, makes it hard to rely on real Hip Hop as a source of fresh air. It seems like every where you go; it is hard to get away from the Radio Bull Shit. I stopped attending clubs mainly because of the fights, and the atmosphere was always the same. People always say, “I just go to have fun with my friends,” which could be a true statement at times. #1 reason why I stopped going is because the DJ’s play Bull Shit!
I’m officially happy to say that I have found my breath of fresh on Saturday nights in Phoenix, Arizona, at a place called the Hidden House! If you are a fan of Rakim, The Chronic Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre, M.O.P., J. Dilla, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Living Legends, Exile, Oh No, Slum Village, Atmosphere, KRS-one, Little Brother, Steel Pulse, Bob Marley, Erykah Badu, Old School Outkast, Chaka Khan, and the list can go on forever! As I was saying…..if you are a fan of Artist such as the few that I listed, The Shop on Saturday Nights at The Hidden House is the place the be.

The Shop was started by DJ Al Page. Being a DJ in Arizona, he was fed up with playing the music that everyone else wanted instead of staying true to his roots, so he created The Shop.

“My dislike towards mainstream comes from the fact that 99% of that shit is whack. Clear channel and MTV have a system that the average person buys. People are too lazy and settle for what is fed to them. There isn’t one artist on MTV or the radio worth a fuck as far as I’m concerned,” stated DJ Al Page.

The music and the positive vibes is what always keep people coming to The Shop. I also forgot the mention that the drinks are cheap to and you should always tip your bartender. The dance floor is always packed due to amazing the music and the incredible people on 1’s & 2’s. Rather be it DJ Al Page, DJ KGB, DJ Ms. Robs, DJ Osama Big Serg, DJ Dn3, DJ Kris the fist, or the sexy DJ Brazilia, playing best in Underground Hip Hop, Classic Hip Hop Funk, Soul, and Reggae, The Shop is always the place to be on Saturday nights in Phoenix, AZ.
Be Sure to Check Out the Hidden House At These Sites

No comments: